Hotels have a unique environment for providing climate control. With hundreds of individually controlled guest rooms, conserving energy, while providing exceptional guest comfort is a big challenge. By leveraging Founten’s one of a kind Property Management System Interface (PMS Interface Part No. FS-HIM) available with Founten’s Wireless Energy Management Solution, hotels can now achieve a new level of energy management. Our innovative technology will reduce energy consumption beyond what is possible with other alternatives.
HOW IT WORKS
Founten’s PMS Interface takes advantage of two easily measured conditions found at hotels; Occupancy Rate and Average Nights Stay. Over the past decade, average occupancy in US hotels has been around 60%. This means that 40% of the time hotel rooms go unoccupied. Founten’s wireless Internet Programmable Thermostat combined with wireless PMS Interface can be programmed to an economy setting during these times to conserve energy. In addition, there is a window of time between guests checking out and new guests arriving where the rooms are unoccupied. For business hotels this window of time is generally from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, which also coincides with peak energy usage rates. Business hotels in the US typically see 1.6 on average hotel nights per stay. This means that as much as 50% of the time hotel rooms are vacant during the daytime. By monitoring hotel room occupancy in real-time, Founten’s PMS Interface is able to switch vacant rooms to an economy climate setting automatically as soon as your guest checks out of the hotel. The PMS Interface then automatically sets the thermostat to a comfort setting while your guest is checking in at the front desk of the hotel.
Founten’s PMS Interface has three components. The first component utilizes the Founten open API Interface to access the Founten wireless programmable thermostats installed at your hotel site. The second component is an interface to your on-site Property Management System (PMS) at your property. This interface queries your PMS automatically and continuously monitors the occupancy status of each of your hotel rooms. The third component is the business logic.
This includes your hotel’s desired economy and comfort thermostat settings as well as the desired actions to be taken based on changes in the status of the hotel rooms. The standard business logic is to set the thermostats of vacant rooms to the economy setting as soon as guests check out and to set the thermostats to the comfort setting during check-in.
With our intuitive PMS Interface you now have the ability to take advantage of lowering your energy consumption during the times when your guest rooms are vacant. Lower energy consumption equals lower energy costs.
The Founten PMS Interface is compatible with most hospitality property management systems in use today and has been certified compatible with major hotel brands. Founten can provide technical services to expand the interface capabilities beyond currently supported systems. Once compatibility has been confirmed, the interface can be quickly implemented.
- Provides intelligent, real-time communication to Founten’s Site Manager
- Automatic Internet connectivity
- Convenient small footprint of 4 inches by 3.5 inches
KEY CUSTOMER BENEFITS:
- High-Speed Internet Connection
- Simplified Installation
- Small Footprint
- Seamless Communications to other Founten Products
- Advanced Check-in, Check-out Technology
- 24/7 Email Customer Support
- Monday thru Friday, 9 – 5 PST Live Support
- 3 Year Warranty
- 10/100/1000Base-T (Gigabit) Ethernet
- AC Input: 100 – 240 VAC, 50/60Hz plugs directly into a duplex outlet
- Dimensions (in.) 4 in. high x 3 ½ in. wide x 1 ¾ in. deep
- Dimensions (mm) – 103 mm high x 88 mm wide x 46 mm deep
- Mounting – Vertical
- CAT5 1.5 m LAN Cable
- Safety: UL
- EMC: FCC, CE
- Temperature Range
- Operating: 0 C to 40 C (32 F to 104 F)
- Storage: -25 C to 70 C (1-13 F to 158 F)
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Automatic upgrades and updates available via the Internet at no extra charge
- Two (2) USB Port
- One (1) 10/100 Ethernet Port
- One (1) Micro USB Console Port